Full Time (Part Time is an option)
Framework Cycles, 3655 Navajo St. Denver, CO 80209
$20-$22/hour commensurate with experience
Who is Framework Cycles:
Founded in 2019, Framework Cycles is first and foremost a values driven, full service, neighborhood bike shop. On top of that, our shop serves as an embedded learning environment for a local micro-middle school called Embark Education. Framework Cycles’ mission is to share the transformative potential of the bicycle with our communities in a kind, just and equitable manner via socially conscious high quality service, sales, community and education.
The Bicycle Mechanic at Framework Cycles is a dynamic and engaging role. The three primary duties of this role are to perform bicycle service and repair, engage in customer service and sales, and to facilitate student educational opportunities. We are seeking candidates that are kind, communicative and flexible. We offer a work environment that is caring, inclusive, and interesting.
Bike Service and Mechanics: (40%)
- Service Writing: Provide detailed assessments, quotes, and scheduling of bike repairs.
- Repairs, tunes, and builds: Complete service to high standards and on time.
- Parts Ordering: Sourcing and ordering needed components and accessories for repairs and special orders.
Customer Service: (30%)
- Welcoming: Help to maintain an inclusive, open and positive environment.
- Communication: Listen. Create and maintain open lines of communication.
- Sales: Help customers to find the products they need and want, without pressure.
Educational Facilitator: (20%)
- Supporting Student Shop Shifts: Foster student learning during hands on shifts in the shop.
- Assisting students and teachers: Support teachers and students with bike related projects and endeavors.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities: (10%)
- Store opening and closing procedures.
- Cleaning and organizing.
- Collaborate with Framework staff on community engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Framework staff on shop improvements.
- Collaborate with Educators on providing relevant, personalized and learner centered education experiences.
- Share other talents, skills and interests with students in workshops, presentations, or field trips.
- The opportunity to be a part of a bike shop that is growing, developing, and committed to doing innovative community based work.
- Bring your whole self to work!
- 2+ years of bicycle mechanic and retail experience.
- Comfortable working around adolescents with a desire to teach, build relationships, and lead by example
- Humble- ready to admit when you don’t know, ready to learn, grow, and collaborate
- Reliable, responsible, and hardworking
- Passionate about Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity in the Bicycle Industry
- Highly skilled in diagnosing and fixing all types of repair issues on all types of bicycles
- Multi-lingual always a bonus!
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Generous PTO accrual
- Benefits package including health, dental, LTD, life insurance (only offered for full time position)
- Immediate vestment into retirement plan and a 6% Organizational Match
- Positive, caring work environment
- Free snacks!
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please include your name and the position title in the subject line.
We believe that traditional hiring practices have historically and systemically marginalized entire groups of people — including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community to name a few. We believe that we are better as an organization when we work to deconstruct the barriers intrinsic in that system so that our team has authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds, and beliefs. Hence, we strongly encourage people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities to apply for roles within our team.